Sunday, July 4, 2010

The 4th with Friends

On the Fourth the kids and I met some old friends from church to "gather at the water", let the kids play in the lake and wait for the fireworks.  It was a really fun night for everyone - the kids had a blast and it was so nice to catch up with old friends.  It was VERY interesting, however, to note the huge contrast between the lake I used to call "home" and the beloved Lake Michigan.  We knew living near Cleveland that it wasn't the smartest idea to ever let our kids swim in Lake Erie, but I threw that away for the fun of the evening.  You'll notice the contrast quite easily in the pictures.  Let's just say that three of my kids spent the next day "cleaning out their systems".  At least they had fun!

That's right Addie - don't drink that water!

They're actually enjoying themselves

Yep, that's a tuna can.  Only in Lake Erie.




Cousins!

Avery played in the "sand" literally for hours.  Kinda made me nervous that she didn't care if anyone she knew was around her.

Gearing up for the fireworks.  Best part is I can name pretty much everyone in the background - quite the church turnout.

No comments: