Sunday, August 23, 2009

Trouble

So tonight we were trying to get back in our groove after having been out of town and having visitors for the past week. Caleb and Avery got their baths first and were all clean and scrubbed up. Addison was finishing her bath and I asked Matt if he could get her out while I finished the dishes from dinner. He walked back past the kitchen telling me he decided she could have until the water drained out of the tub and headed back to his work in the garage. Knowing the water was low but not wanting her in the tub by herself, I headed to the bathroom to find this:

Addison covered in shaving cream

I said nothing and walked to the garage to have Matt come and look at the result of his decision. He guessed the mess so didn't come in. I went back to the bathroom to clean Addie up and walked back to the kitchen to find Avery (sorry, no pictures!!) sitting on the kitchen table now naked. She had stripped down to nothing - a new habit of hers - peed on the chair, climbed onto the table, painted herself in the pudding leftovers from dinner, dipped her diaper in my water glass, and was now wringing it out all over the table. Awesome. Why I didn't take a picture of that I'm not sure. I think I was too busy shaking my head in disbelief at what a little menace she has become as I walked her back to the bathroom to get cleaned up for the second time. If I hadn't started motherhood with a Caleb I'm sure I would be losing my mind with her at this point. But thankfully, maybe with Caleb turning 5 and the realization of how fast time flies, I'm really just enjoying her busy little personality and trying to hold on to each funny memory.

1 comment:

The Hintzs said...

I love it. If you wouldn't have told me the story already, I would be rolling on the floor laughing! :)